We want our brand ‘The BeeKeepers Honey’ to be a safe and trusted place to shop. We do this via the products we make and our commitment to your privacy. It’s important to us that you trust The BeeKeepers Honey and the things we do with your personal information.
This policy is and honest about how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. We bring diverse people together in our The BeeKeepers Honey community, and we take our responsibility to protect your personal information very seriously. We collect and use your personal information to deliver our vision of making life healthier for Kiwis through online experiences you’ll love. We’re committed to following three principles in relation to your information:
- We will respect your privacy - our brand is built on trust and integrity.
- We’re committed to being transparent and honest, so you know what we do with your personal information (including if something goes wrong).
- We only use personal information to add value to your life.
If you have any questions about your privacy or this policy, please contact us. You can also learn more about your privacy rights by talking to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
1. WHAT DOES THIS POLICY DO?
1.1 This policy covers our “Products”, meaning Products or products by:
1.2 We are committed to your privacy and will comply with applicable privacy laws.
Including the Privacy Act 1993, any applicable Privacy Codes and other laws when dealing with your information. We will also comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation to the extent that this applies to information we collect if a person living in the European union signs up to our Newsletter or shops on our website.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information so that we can provide you with products, and so that we can build new products that make life better for Kiwis through online shopping experiences they love. We may collect the following personal information:
2.1 Information you give us, such as:
- Account information When you sign up to purchase a product(s), we may require your name, username, password, email address, date of birth, demographic information or other personal information.
- Profile information Purchasing we may require you to complete a profile, which may include personal information such as your postal and delivery addresses, phone number, (and gender).
- Payment information We collect your financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) when you make payments to us or third parties using our Products (see below for how we use and hold this).
- Communications and phone calls When you communicate with us or other Users in relation to a product, we may collect information about your communication and any other information you provide. This includes when you call us, in which case we may retain your call for internal training and quality assurance purposes.
- Other information You may otherwise provide us information directly (by email or in other formats), such as when you provide feedback, fill in a form, conduct a search, respond to surveys or other research activities, post to message boards, and participate in promotions.
2.2 Information we automatically collect, such as:
- Usage information We collect information about your interactions with our Products, such as the pages or other content you view on our website.
- Location information When you use certain features of our Products, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. your physical or postal address or your device’s IP address).
- Analytics We automatically collect analytics information when you use our Products, even if you have not created an account or logged in. We may use third party providers to help us with this. Information collected includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used our Products (including links to third party applications), your IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g. crashes, browser type), and the pages, applications or Products you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using our Products.
2.3 Information from third parties or external sources, such as:
Analytics information We may collect analytics information from third parties (e.g. we may use Google Analytics, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest, Google AdWords) Analytics information is generally anonymised, but may include the device you’re using, the applications you use, your operating system, your IP address, and your geo-demographic information.
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your personal information to provide you with Products and to maintain your trust in The BeeKeepers Honey and the people who use it. We also use your personal information with information from others so that we can analyse patterns across our data and improve our Products. For example, we can look across our Products to see online shopping habits to make sure we invest in product improvements that deliver health benefits. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
3.1 To contact you about your account or use.
We may contact you by phone, or email, in relation to your account or use. With our emails you can unsubscribe from emailed newsletters and advertising materials.
3.2 To help provide our Products, for example:
- To manage our Products We may provide, operate, protect, improve, optimise and otherwise manage our Products, including by using analytics, accounting and customer relationship management tools.
- To conduct research We may conduct internal research in relation to Users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve our community.
- For training purposes We may use your personal information to help train and improve our staff who help provide or support the Products (e.g. customer support staff may have access to calls for training purposes).
3.3 For trust, safety and assurance, for example to:
3.4 For advertising and marketing, for example to:
3.5 For other things, with your express consent:
- We may disclose your information at your direction, or otherwise as you agree with us.
Please note that we:
- Do not have access to your passwords.
- Only use your credit card details for purposes related to your transactions and for fraud prevention or law enforcement purposes.
4. WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO?
We may need to disclose your personal information to others to provide you with our Products, to improve our Products or uphold the law or our terms.
4.1 To our service providers, to provide and manage our Products.
4.2 To authorities or other entities to uphold the law or our terms, for example:
For legal compliance or law enforcement purposes. We may disclose your personal information to courts, law enforcement or government agencies, or third parties, to the extent we believe that disclosure is appropriate or permitted by the Privacy Act.
4.3 To others where necessary to reorganise or sell our business.
4.4 To other third parties, where your identity is anonymised.
We may share non-personally identifiable information (e.g., aggregated information about our Users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual User), for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
4.5 Also, some interactions with our sites and Products may be subject to additional third party terms. For example:
- External links Our Products may contain links to third party websites or Products. We don’t own or control those websites or Products or endorse them in any way and, if you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the third party concerned. The third parties will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review their privacy policies accordingly.
- Information indexed by search engines Information you share publicly on our Products may be indexed through third party search engines. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
5. HOW DO WE HOLD AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We work hard to ensure we keep your personal information safe and to avoid any harm to you or your personal information. We would notify you and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner if a potentially harmful data breach of your personal information did occur. We delete personal information after it is no longer reasonably necessary for us to use it. In particular:
5.1 We use industry Recognised security practices and measures.
5.2 We store your information in New Zealand subject to standards that will comply with our privacy obligations.
You authorise us to transfer, store, and process your personal information in New Zealand.
5.3 We retain your information if reasonably required, unless we are legally required to hold it longer.
- We will keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably required for us to use it in accordance with this policy, unless we are required by law to hold it longer.
- We may retain recordings of your phone calls for a period of up to two years (and sometimes longer, where necessary for business purposes, to help prevent fraud or facilitate legal processes).
- Other personal information that is deleted by you may persist for a limited time in our backup systems.
5.4 Credit card Information is held subject to stringent payments industry standards.
Credit and debit card information is sensitive, and we protect it to stringent security standards, which at a minimum comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (“PCI standards”). We use several procedures and different technologies to help protect your credit and debit card information from unauthorised access, use and disclosure. Our compliance with PCI is audited every year.
For some Products we may allow you to save your card information for subsequent use (and, to make life easier for you, we may use your saved card information for other Products we offer where you’re able to make card payments).
6. HOW CAN I MANAGE MY INFORMATION?
We know your circumstances, details and preferences will change. So, we’ve built several tools for you to manage your personal information. You can:
6.1 Update your account information
In most cases, you may review and update the account information we hold about you (such as your email address, password and phone numbers) by logging into the relevant Service and updating the information in your account. If this isn’t available and you want to update your information, please get in touch with us.
6.2 Ask us to update, provide or delete your information
If you wish to access or correct any of your personal information, you can contact us directly. We will respond to your request promptly, and always within 5 working days. If you want us to delete any personal information you have submitted to us, please contact us on 021 0255 9528.
7. HOW DO WE AMEND THIS POLICY?
We may make updates from time to time by a The BeeKeepers Honey site announcement or other notice.
Occasionally urgent changes will be required we will announce the changes accordingly, as we update this policy from time to time, we encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
8. WHAT DOES THE TERMS IN THIS POLICY MEAN?
User means anyone using our Products, including any The BeeKeepers Honey member.
9.2 “personal information”
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual, as defined by the Privacy Act 1993.
Products means our Products, as defined in clause 1.1.
9.4 “The BeeKeepers Honey Affiliated Products”
9.5 “we”, “us” or “our”
9.6 “you” or “your”
You or your, in relation to any personal information, means any individual who is identifiable from the personal information. For any questions or if you need to contact us, all details are as follows: