Honey Drinks - Winter Warmers!
Using Honey to sweeten your hot beverages
Cutting down on sugar is good for your long-term health. Add honey to the mix and enjoy a sweet alternative for tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Replace one teaspoon of sugar with a half teaspoon of honey.
Honey- Lemon drink
Perhaps you have heard that a lemon and honey drink in the morning works wonders for health. Both honey and lemon contain powerful therapeutic properties that when combined, make an excellent health tonic.
The drink is really simple to make, and it doesn’t take much effort to drink it in one go. In fact, most people start looking forward to this energy drink within a few days of starting on it. Give it a try, and you just might turn into an advocate.
- Boil a cup of water and allow it to cool until it is just warm to touch.
- Add a teaspoonful of Honey and stir well to dissolve.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the honey water, give it a stir and drink up.
It is important that you drink the mixture immediately after preparing it, preferably on an empty stomach, to derive all the benefits. Do not reheat the mixture.
Hot Ginger Tea with Honey
- 2-4 inches Raw ginger
- 4-6 cups Water
- 1/2Lemon or Lime (Juiced)
- 4+ Tbsp. Honey Dew Honey
Peel the ginger and slice thinly to maximise the surface area. This will help you make a very flavourful ginger tea. Boil the ginger in water for at least 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add lime or lemon juice and Honey Dew Honey to taste.
For a stronger more flavourful tea, allow to boil for 20 minutes or more and use additional slices of ginger.
Great for colds and flu.
- I/2 teaspoon raw ginger grated
- 1 Garlic clove grated or crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon of Red chilli grated ( or a pinch of dried)
- 1/2 Lemon or Lime (Juiced)
- 1-2 tablespoon Honey Dew Honey
- 4-6 cups Water
Mix together all of the ingredients and seep in hot water for 10 minutes before drinking. I often make double the dose and leave in the fridge for the next day. Drink 3 cups a day for the first 2 days to really shake the virus.
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Honey Dew honey
- 5 cups cold water
- Lemon or lime slices — to garnish (optional)
Mix the lemon juice and honey together in the pitcher until thoroughly combined.
Add the cold water and briskly stir. Chill and serve over ice. You can garnish with a lemon or lime slice.